marque


Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips For BloggersBlogger Tricks

Thursday, December 19, 2013

O Holy Holiday Miracle Oil: The Amazing Benefits of Peppermint

I'm a sucker for the holiday season. Don't get me started on how much I love the fact that there are three consecutive months full of marketable holidays. If you include New Year's, you got four. The more the merrier, I say.

I'm definitely not one of those people you have to worry about falling out of the holiday spirit. I'm down for keeping it up all year. And I do. The fact that I play Christmas playlists on Spotify and Pandora all year round are a pretty good indicator of that.


With all that being said, it is no wonder that I have jumped on this train of being a peppermint fiend. Yes, peppermint. Not a statement you hear everyday, I know. In all actuality, it all started as me just trying to find something, ANYTHING, to help with those wonderful monthly bouts of pain. AKA, monster cramps. In dispair, I heard a voice in the back of my head say, "Eat the candy cane next to your bed." I swear my body naturally directs me towards homeopathic, Ayurvedic solutions more and more as I get older. Would you believe chewing on a candy cane helped relieve my pain? As if magically??

Am I crazy or is peppermint really a miracle oil??? Find out after the jump.


 Don't get it twisted, I had to consume a couple candy canes time-to-time to keep the pain at bay, but you get the point! Fast-acting, soothing, and calming; what more could you ask for?  If that wasn't enough, I put some peppermints in a cup of tea to relieve me from a headache and the soothing affects of the hot liquid and peppermint oil mixture worked its' magic.

I went on to do some research on this newly-found, natural pain reliever because there had to be some legitimacy to this. I could not have possibly created some type of pain relieving placebo for myself out of desperation. It turns out, my hunch was not just a hunch but a proven fact; peppermint oil really is a well-known pain reliever.



So now that I know peppermint oil helps in relieving pain, what are the actual benefits of peppermint oil and what makes it so great at diminishing pain?

According to WebMD, peppermint oil is good for:
-colds
-toothaches
-headaches
-cramps

The people over at Mercola claim the benefits of peppermint oil go even further by helping with:
-stress
-memory  
-hair and skin      
-energy/alertness

Some properties of peppermint oil that make it so beneficial to our health is it's antibacterial, antiseptic, cooling, and refreshing.

I can't believe this miracle oil has been hiding in so many products that I love for so long. Thanks to peppermint oil being such a staple to this holiday season, I get to choose from so many peppermint products to try out. I've got my eyes (or taste buds?) on the White Chocolate Peppermint Tea from Teavana. It's a given I'm going to have to pick up some peppermint bark. It's tradition. What kind of holiday season would it be without having some peppermint bark?! Crazies... Not to mention I have  the Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap ready to give my crotchel area an extreme cooling sensation! Don't say I didn't warn you about the pussy burner...



So go out! Get into the holiday season and go crazy on the peppermint! After all, it's good for you!

Miz Kane
Source:
WebMD
Mercola
Teavana
Jessica Grundy



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...