marque


Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips For BloggersBlogger Tricks

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cooking With the Madre: Thanksgiving Edition



The countdown has officially begun; Turkey Day will be here in less than 24 hours and I am pretty excited for this day of food. One thing I'm looking forward to this year is helping my mom cook all the traditional dishes for our feast. Ironically, my cousin posted a status the other day saying, "My doctor asked me what I was going to do for thanksgiving, I told him I didnt cook I leave that to Grandma. He said I should learn to cook thanksgiving dinner because one day I'll be Grandma. Lol." The obvious realization that comes to mind after reading this status is that all of my loved ones that have come before me will not be here forever. We all know this but my family knows this better than anyone. 



Over the span of the past two years, my family has lost a lot of members. I'm talking about our intermediate circle and then some. You know, the people you never knew life without and never thought you had to. This is a huge reason why I've decided to help my mom cook this year. I've been away for so long with college and what not, I've missed out on a lot of quality family time. I've tried to help out with cooking in the past but it never worked out either because I was in a deep sleep or my help wasn't needed. This year, no excuses and no telling me I can't help. I already told my mom she has no choice lol.

I'm not a bad cook but I definitely couldn't cook Thanksgiving dinner off-hand. I could probably pull it off with some assistance from el Interneto but Google can't tell me how my mother cooks certain dishes.  I'm actually excited, not anxious at all. This is probably because I already know how to cook a whole chicken so how different can a turkey be? This shall be interesting. 

Overall, I'm looking forward to the whole experience. I will probably be the most annoying daughter thirsting for quality bonding time with my mom lol. So do yourself a favor and take advantage of this time with the fam-a-lam. Learn as much as you can from them while you have the opportunity to. Spend time with people you care about even if you're just bullshittin. We all know some of the best family memories come from just hanging around talking about random, irrelevant, stupid shit just because you can. 



HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

Miz Kane
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...